3 med onions, finely chopped
5 med potatoes, peeled
4 med carrots, peeled
1 med zucchini, peeled
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup corn
2 (14oz) cans diced tomatoes
minced or grated ginger
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp mango powder (amchar masala)
3 tsp pav bhaji masala
1 tsp garam masala
1. Add oil and butter to large pot. Use as much as you think you’ll need to brown the onions.
2. Add all chopped onion (note – you need same volume of onions as rest of all other veggies combined).
3. Brown onions over med heat.
4. While onions are browning, puree tomatoes, and steam all veggies (in separate pots).
5. Mash steamed veggies as they are ready, and add all mashed veg together.
6. Add tomato puree once onions are browned, cook until it thickens.
7. Once thickened, add the coriander, cumin and turmeric.
8. Next add the minced ginger, 1 tsp of salt (add more later after you taste it), minced garlic, chili powder, mango powder, pav bhaji masala and garam masala.
9. Once all spices have been added, add the mashed veggies to the tomato onion mixture.
10. Note – if the tomato-onion-veg mixture seems too thin/runny, add another mashed potato to thicken it.
11. Butter the hamburger buns. Toast open face under broiler.
12. Serve immediately. Freeze leftovers.